5 Things to Know About the Fiddle Leaf Fig
At Wild Interiors®, we are always working to provide the best quality plants we can at the best value possible, so you can create an in-home jungle Designed by Nature®. We started with foliage plants and succulents across our four major habitats so you can pick and choose depending on your style.
Bohemian Dreams: For a tranquil escape with leafy, trailing plants.
Desert Retreat: Charming succulents for a southwestern desert feel.
Woodland Whimsy: Lush greenery brings a sense of a forest's natural calm.
Tropical Oasis: Exotic and tropical plants create the ambiance of an island retreat.
It’s our goal to inspire new and seasoned plant owners alike to develop their green thumbs and grow to love the nurturing experience of growing plants. But we also know that sometimes you want something a little more out of the ordinary. A little more wild.
So we’re launching a Signature Collection of more distinctive plants, grown to our same high quality specifications. This means a “low and slow” growing process to ensure healthy leaves and roots so your plant stays happy during transit and while adjusting to its new home. Before we introduce the whole line, we’re pleased to announce the first addition to our Signature Collection: the 5” Fiddle Leaf Fig. Here’s what you need to know about this photogenic power plant.
1. It owes its popularity to Pinterest: According to an article from Fiddle Leaf Fig Plant Resource, the popularity of the Fiddle Leaf Fig exploded between 2010 and 2012 with the launch of Pinterest, everyone’s favorite dream board. Thanks to the plant’s undeniable photographic charisma, it became a quick favorite for photoshoots across social media.
2. It’s got a reputation: The Fiddle Leaf Fig has a reputation for being hard to care for and a little finicky. However, with a little attention and TLC most plant owners find they are up for the challenge. There is a robust online community of Fiddle Leaf Fig enthusiasts across all social media platforms, and we’re always finding new ways to take care of the Fiddle Leaf! The most common issue is leaf drop, and we’ll address that in a future blog post.
3. It’s not your classic Fiddle Leaf: Our Fiddle Leaf Fig is a Ficus Bambino, otherwise known as a Dwarf Fiddle Leaf Fig, rather than the classic Ficus Lyrata.
4. It’s the only one of its kind: Our 5” Fiddle Leaf Fig is the only five inch version of this plant grown and distributed in the United States. The Fiddle Leaf Fig is usually sold in larger sizes, but we wanted to bring the whimsy to a more accessible size for everyone. Now you can have a Fiddle Leaf Fig in any room in the house without worrying about how big it’s going to grow. It’s like the teacup pig of Fiddle Leaf Figs.
5. It’s coming soon to a store near you: Our initial shipment of the 5” Fiddle Leaf Fig will ship out as early as next week! Look for us in these stores, and be sure to call ahead and check if they have the Wild Interiors Fiddle Leaf Fig in stock before you head to the store.
Fresh Thyme Farmer's Market